The Saint Lucia Development Bank, a statutory corporation, established by Act of Parliament No 12 of 2008 and commenced operations in February 2009, is seeking to recruit a Managing Director.
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Strong leadership skills predicated on:
- integrity and credibility;
- sincerity and honesty;
- a high sense of professionalism;
- forward looking and open-mindedness; and
- competency and a record of achievement;
- Deep understanding of the social and economic development challenges of Saint Lucia;
- Excellent strategic thinking, visioning, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Effective management and delegation skills;
- Strong negotiation, public relations and presentation skills;
- An understanding of issues in organizational development and related human resource management matters;
- Ability to interface effectively with stakeholders at various levels (including Staff, Customers, Board of Directors,
- Heads of Government Departments and Agencies; Ministers, Representatives of Regional and International Institutions);
- Strong communication skills (verbal, writing and interpersonal);
- Alignment and commitment to the core values of the SLDB;
- Good grasp of development finance, development economics; development banking, micro-financing or commercial banking or lending;
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate qualification in Finance, Banking, Economics, Management or other related discipline with at least five (5) years of experience at a senior level in a lending or project financing environment; Or
- Professional qualification in Accounting, Banking or Finance and training and experience in project financing, with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience at a senior level in a financial institution or project financing environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
The mandate of the Saint Lucia Development Bank is to promote socio-economic development in Saint by providing, inter alia, quality project and development financing, with related technical services to meet the needs of its customers and ensure the continued development of Saint Lucia through the effective mobilization and allocation of resources.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, with the names and contact information of three (3) references addressed to:
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Saint Lucia Development Bank
# 4 Bridge Street
Application must reach the offices of the Bank by 09th February, 2018.
Applications could also be submitted by email at: email@example.com.
All Applications will be treated in strict confidence and only suitable applicants will be contacted.