The Saint Lucia Development Bank, a statutory corporation, established by Act of Parliament No 12 of 2008 and commenced operations in February 2009, is seeking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Skills & Core Competencies Required:
- Managing the overall financial risks of the Bank;
- Supervising the compilation and preparation of financial statements, the Annual audited statements and reports;
- Implementing the provisions of the Saint Lucia Development Bank Act and Regulations;
- Overall management of the accounting, finance and budgeting processes and assigned personnel;
- Implementing the financial policies and decisions of the Board of Directors;
- Developing and maintaining appropriate financial and management accounting systems and procedures for the Bank, including its system of internal controls;
- Producing accurate and timely financial and management information and analyses for Management, Board of Directors and external institutions, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, reports to shareholders, regulatory authorities, etc.;
- Mobilizing institutional resources as necessary and maintain relations with lending and related institutions ensuring prompt debt service to lenders and ensure that disbursements and advances are promptly accounted for;
- Ensuring that all activities related to the financial accounting function conform to International Financial Reporting Standards and comply with government, banking and regulatory requirements, where applicable;
- Directing the preparation of reports for external institutions;
- Monitoring interest and foreign-exchange exposures on long-term liabilities, recommend hedging strategies and keep under review the maturity profile and concentration of long-term borrowings;
- Managing the financial resources, investments, liquidity and interest spreads in accordance with policy guide lines;
- Preparing financial forecasts and simulation analyses based on the Bank’s strategic objectives, local and international trends and economic predictions;
- Assisting the Managing Director in setting work programmes and expenditure parameters and limits for annual work programmes and budgets;
- Developing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the risk management process for the Bank;
- Assisting in the financial analysis of project proposals submitted to the Bank.
(a) Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CGA, CPA etc.)
(b) Or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
(c) A minimum of five (5) years experience in accounting at a senior Level
(d) Or Up to the final level of certification in accounting and a minimum of eight (8) years in a senior accounting position within a commercial entity.
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, with the names and contact information of three (3) references addressed to:
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Saint Lucia Development Bank
No. 4 Bridge Street Castries, Saint Lucia
Applications to reach SLDB’s offices no later than June 01, 2018.
Applications could also be submitted by email at: email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only suitable applicants will be contacted.